Pages

Thursday 3 April 2014

Card Sketch Challenge - Freshly Made Sketches #130

Stampin' Shanni my friend and up line suggested that I do a web challenge this week. She referred me to Freshly Made Sketches and this week's challenge FMS 130. This is the sketch:                   
 
Here's my take:

I enjoyed making this card. The full story behind this card was my friend and up line suggested doing this card challenge so that I force myself to challenge my boundaries. I was excited and when I saw the sketch I thought it would be good to do.  I have never done a card challenge so I gave it a go.

The colors used with this card are smoky slate, daffodil delight & whisper white. The stamp sets used are Perfect Pennants and Tape It.

You can also see the daffodil delight that is mounted onto the smoky slate card I used the Stylish Stripes TIEF.  With the Tape It stamp set I stamp several different images using daffodil delight ink onto whisper white card and punched them out with the Banner Punch and mounted it on top of the ones punched out in smoky slate. 

The stars (from Perfect Pennants) are stamped on daffodil delight and hand cut around them and mounted on whisper white card.  To finish the card I used the Banner Framelits in three consecutive rows to follow the flow of the colors used. I stamped the Whisper White with the image from Perfect Pennants in smoky slate and then mounted it with dimensionals. 

The last thing was the star stamped on daffodil delight mounted on smoky slate. The smoky slate behind the star was hand cut to look like a border around the star.



This card will be uploaded to Freshly Made Sketches today!

Paula x









No comments:

Post a Comment